Friday, November 23, 2007

The Weather is Frightful


It is the day after Thanksgiving and the malls are filled with shoppers - Not this gal..... Colorado is known for the changing weather - Monday it was 70 and today I have 20 with a wind chill of -4 degrees. All the weird change has got me worried about my expecting mother goats. It has been common place for animals and YES humans to go into labor early because of such weather changes. So yesturday I spent most of the day and night in the barn watching butts.... That right BUTTS! It is not as easy as one might think - they really do not like you to look there. It is a real art to catch a look without them knowing but 11 years have taught me many tricks. I did not learn any of that in college.
As the weather turns worse and the snow is falling again I have placed some handmade felt snow people ornaments on my etsy site along with my best black felt sheep too. Come and sit down, pour yourself and hot cup of something and enjoy the weather. For those of us awaiting the coming of new family members - think of us in the cold, dim lite barns watching butts. Who says I don't have an exciting life?

No comments: