Saturday, December 29, 2007

What is Cooking in the Kitchen Today?



I had this desire today to climb in the rafters and get a wonderful fleece from my stash and start work. In the pot is about 1/8 of a British Shetland Lamb fleece. It only required one washing and then off to be dyed. I broke the fleece into 8 sections so I could do some special dyeing process. What I love about this breed is you do not find it much in the states and a dear friend of mine sold me six fleeces from her spring lambs. They have such bounce and softness when washed. They also take dye up in various degrees so you do not get a flat wool. I love spinning this fleece and over time many of my customers have made great socks out of them. As soon as I can rinse the first pot I will post that color. Not too long now.

No comments: