Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Meet Rett - Daddy of this years Goat Babies




Yes, this is the same guy who crushed my hand in the gate, smashed me into the side of the barn, knocked me into the feed drums and charged at me more times then I can count. It is amazing what time and love will do. Now he greets my at the shop door in the morning, licks my hand and lets me rub his neck. We have even been gently sitting and with small hand scissors cutting lock by lock his wonderful fiber off. What folks might not understand about me is I am always willing to work things out. Over the years we have had many abused animal here and with time, love and a clear understanding of animal behavior I have been able to turn corners that most would never be willing to go down. Rett has love, compassion and joy inside of him - we just have to be willing to look. Peacefull warrior.....

1 comment:

mindy said...

Oh he is a beauty! I'll have to read back and find his story.