Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WOW - NOVEMBER

I am all melted out from the big snow storm - over 3 feet of snow fell not counting the drifts. Please do not let this be what my whole winter will be like. I really do not mind the snow, cold and such but that was a ton in a short period of time. Now that the farm is melting I am up to my ears in mud!! I took some great pictures of the storm but now my computer is not wanting to cough them up... O.K. enought of the whinning....

It has been sometime since I have had a chance to write - Nothing earth shaking just been so busy trying to get everything done. I seem to be in some sort of weird time thing.. I get up before the chickens go to bed long after the howling coyotes go to sleep yet I feel like I have not gotten a thing done. Not true but it feels that way. I have been busy painting all the windows in the house before I put up the winter plastic. I am trying it this year to see if it helps. I did recaulk all the windows outside and in but I thought I would also try the plastic film. It works - even with the heavy snow I still have not turned on the furance. It got down into the single digits and still I was toasty. I had to spend a couple of days redesigning the shop so it would be workable for winter. That means moving all the products far away from the big double doors because when the wind is howling and the snow blowing you open that door and it can follow you inside. Also, with Kasha (my oldest Great Pry) having reached that age where she is spending some time inside and it is like having a bull in a china shop. She does not realize that with a swipe of her tail she can take a whole display down and did many times.

I also have been sewing, designing, dyeing, crafting big time and just doing my thing. You know how it goes - you get an idea in your head, start working on the design, then putting the work in to create it and before you know it a day has passed. I also spent time revamping my shop in town. That was a bunch of work but I hope it will pay off. That gallery has been experiencing a slump in sales but with the holidays are coming up and I am hoping it will pick up.

I have also been thinking of new ways to spice up the blog site - now if I just would have about four more hours in a day. Since I am not the most techno progressive person it is last on my list but I hope you will all stick with me while I work on it. Boy could I use a few elves around here !

Now that you are caught up on my last couple of weeks I hope to get some goodies up on the site and some contests too. I have pulled some great prizes aside while redesigning the shop and I know some folks will enjoy them - so please stay tuned

No comments: