Monday, June 15, 2009

Who needs an alarm clock?

This morning at 5:00 am I awoke to what sounded like a bomb hitting the house. It was a huge clap (that sounds way too mild for what it was) of thunder. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom and did my duck and cover drill again!!! Once I realized we where in the middle of another big storm I ran to the windows to make sure none of the animals where caught off guard and had taken themselves to the pastures. Just then I say my Mother's dog "Camille" peaking out from under my bed. That is a whole nother long story. I guess she is practicing duck and cover too.

The weather guessers are saying I will be in for another very bumppy ride today so I will stock up on needlework projects for the basement. Last night while sitting in the basement with my headlamp on I cut out 60 dozen bookmarks that I will stamp today. They are a token of my appreciation when folks purchase products from me. I put on the bookmarks a cute saying, stamped leaves and a flower made of my "hand made, hand dyed felt". Just a little way of getting a sheep into your hands. I am also thinking that while I am in the basement today I might cut out some aprons to sew.. Since we do without power often with these storms - I have plenty of back up power but I do not wish to waste it just in case the power is out for long periods. So anything I can do by the power of my head lamp is what I will work on today.

Hope your weather is treating you better. Practice those Duck and Cover Drills

No comments: