Friday, June 21, 2013

Hannibal, My Batty and Painted Nails

What do these things have in common??  The silly way Grace walks in the world.

Yep, I decided last night the smoke was getting to me so I came in and ran a pan of nice soapy water to soak my feet in and get ready to watch my favorite show Hannibal...  I had the front door open and the kitchen door open to get the smoke to hopefully leave the house.  The billies where sitting on the driveway resting and trying to cope with the smoke as well.  Picture this, I had a nice cup of Iced Tea sitting close at hand, I had painted me very stubbyover worked finger nails,  my feet soaking in the warm water, the start of the show was giving a low glow to the smoke filled living room and OUT LIKE A LIGHT GRACE WENT.   Yep, you got it - never can sleep but NOW I fall asleep...

Fast forward 50 minutes and I woke up as the show was ending, I reached to take a sip of my tea as I mumbled how mad I was to have fallen asleep.  As I drank I chocked - CRAP I swallowed a Miller Moth that had landed in my tea and must have failed at the back stroke.  As I jumped forward I forgot my feet had become a wrinkled mess in the now ice cold water so I dumped around 8 cups of soapy water on the carpet.  As I jumped up I had no idea that my little Kitchen bat had snuck in and was sitting on the blanket next to me.  So I scared the bat crap out of him and he was flying in a panic all around.  With all this racket going on my billies must have thought I was being killed in the house because up the front deck stairs they came and right through the open front door.  Yep, 8 billies in my living room. 

OH MY GOSH + ONLY IN MY LIFE IS THIS A THURSDAY NIGHT......

So I yelled  "OUT"!!!  Bat went out the kitchen door, the billies turned and ran out the front door...  I drank a glass of water to help aid the Miller Moth down it's path- we just are not going to think of it besides it is not as bad as what Hannibal eats..  I went and put towels on the spill and walked upstairs and took off the nail polish that was in such a mess.  After all was said and done I was WIDE AWAKE and did not find sleep until 4 am this morning and was back up by 6 am..  Crap Batman - now I am wondering what happened on Hannibal - guess I am watching Hulu later in the wee hours...

So how did you spend last night????

No comments: