Thursday, March 25, 2010

If the ovens is still on - Why Not!




I decided to make my favorite Impossible Pumpkin Pie
I have never been one to like pie crusts but I sure do love the fillings so about 30 years ago I found this recipe in one of those cookoff books for Bisquick and have been hooked ever since. It is a simple recipe too - so get ready to be amazed.

3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup Bisquick, 2 Tablespoons Butter, 1 can (13oz) of evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 1 can (16oz) pumpkin, 2 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice, 2 teaspoon vanilla.

Preheat over 350 degrees. Grease a pie pan. Beat all ingred's until smooth. Pour into pie pan. Bake until knife comes out clean 50 to 55 minutes. For High Altitude it is 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.

This pie keeps well in the frig. I have also used different types of squash such as acorn, butternut and hubbard - I just increase or change the spices depending on the squash. Happy Eating!

3 comments:

PenCraft said...

I'm gonna try it!

larkspur funny farm said...

I am eating a slice as I type - it really is a full proof pumpkin pie. What I love is yo never have to worry the crust will be soggy or for those who are watching carb's they can have this too... Enjoy.

monica said...

I am going to have to try this! I love pumpkin pie!