Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Beat The Clock/Storm Again

It never fails - Grace decided to turn off the computer last night and just listen to a movie while I TRIED to sleep.  Off into slumber land when I experienced a slap to my face.  I have had this happen many times in my life and for good reason.  The universe is snapping me back on this planet because there is a problem coming.  So I hopped out of bed and looked outside - it was still way way dark and I could not hear a sound so I powered up my computer and sure enough there was a serve storm warning flashing on my screen.  I went to work.  Out the door I went and filled up all the big buckets I purchased, I filled up the huge trash can I cleaned out the other day and filled it and placed the lid on, I went to the garden and gave my stuff a big stiff drink and then went down to the sheep and filled all the containers with water for them.  Then I started the hose on the big trees around the house while I came into the house and started filling all the large pan,s buckets and containers with water.  Coffee and Hot Water in two large thermos containers and quickly made me breakfast...

Now the rest of the house is up and I jumped into a shower and started my dirty clothes in the washer.  Back down stairs and emptied the dishwasher (not a full load) and washed every dish, cup and silverware I could find.  Clean clothes on and freshly dried clothes folded and put aways.  Back to kitchen and cooked the fresh maple sausages (all three dozen) so I don't worry about them and then cooked the chicken roasted pepper and garlic sausage just in case this will be our dinner.  I am so thrilled I spent Sunday cooking so there will be plenty to pick from that can be just heated on the camp stove.  I then went outside and picked the cherry tomatoes and zuck's that had ripened since I weeded in there last.  Then took my bucket and headed to the raspberries - the birds have had too many of them and it is about time we got the lions share of them.  I also went and picked about a dozen blackberries that where screaming not to be bird food - Sheri told me that she does not get blackberries till September - well I will gladly take them now.  I came inside and washed the bounty and thinking of what to make with them....

So everything done as best I can and now we go about our day and see WHAT Mother Nature has in store for us.  All I pray is NO MORE DOWNED TREES.  The widow makers is barely hanging on and if the winds kick up the driveway will be closed.  I wished this house had a basement - I so miss the security of going into my thick walled haven with all my supplies tucked nice and neatly in order.  I think for now I have done the best I can.....  Let the fun begin.....

3 comments:

monica said...

I pray the storm passes by you!

Teri said...

praying for all of you to be safe.

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks so much ladies - your prayers worked. The storm was not much by the time it got to us which is fine by me. Another storm is predicted for today so we will do the same routine and see what comes of it. Stay safe you two as well. Blessings and again Many Thanks for keeping us in the Light...