Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Little Bit of Spring - Much Needed!





My son Conrad gave me for Christmas a wonderful gift of a starter kit for Tulips. I must admit in all my years of growing things I had never forced Tulips in my house. I had to give up having Tulips when we moved here because they are toxic to Llamas and Goats. Conrad knows how much I love them so this was a perfect gift. I must admit I did a great job - those that are blooming are from the Christmas gift and those that are peaking our their little heads are ones I purchased about three weeks ago. I will be enjoying Springtime early in the house as outside I get to walk thru 5 inches of snow from Sunday....

Thank you Conrad for such a wonderful gift...

2 comments:

stregata said...

Such lovely tulips - what a thoughtful gift! I wish tulips were toxic to voles - but apparently quite the contrary, more of a delicacy. Which means, most of the bulbs get eaten...

monica said...

The tulips are just beautiful! What a wonderful gift!