Monday, February 15, 2010

Made something good to eat!!









First I start with puff pastry, then I placed a 1/2 inch thick slice of Pure Almond Paste. On top of the paste I have put a tablespoon of "Peach Blueberry Almondine Jam" This jam is incredible... It comes from a wonderful shop "Butcher's Bunches" on Etsy..
Here is a close up so you can see that wonderful Jam.

Then you fold over and crimp the edges. Somewhere my pasty roller is lost so I improvised - worked great.
Folded by a egg and cream wash to be brushed on the top of the turnovers.
Pop it in the oven and in less then 14 minutes out comes these mouth watering goodies.

Once cooled I drizzled and glaze over the tops. The glaze was 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream and a dash of pur almond extract. Add more cream if needed.

Then they are ready to eat. This is what I do to stay awake for my two hour checks on the girls. It filled the house with wonderful smells and I then could have something wonderful to eat while walking back and forth to the barn. I wished I could share with you all...

Please check out Butcher' Bunches on Etsy - she has some of the best jams around and she is a delight to work with.

2 comments:

monica said...

Oh my gosh Grace, can I come over and have one or maybe two! They look so very yummy!
Monica

larkspur funny farm said...

Sorry to say - I ate them all but if I know your coming I promise to make more... They were Yummy!!!