Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wild Windy Night

Thankful to greet the sun this morning...


Last night the winds gave me a fret filled night - looking out the windows of my log home praying that all would be in one piece and that no creature would come be harmed while riding out another over the top windy night. When I say windy the weather guesser stated we might hit 75 miles an hour out here - Crap I think for once they got it right!!!

All the work I put in this week has paid off because as the sun rose this morning I could see all the barns where standing uprightm the animals came out to greet me and tell me how loud and restless the night was for them as well. The dogs were very tired and wanting tons of hugs and sweet words of love. I walked the farm to make sure we could start to breath again and as I walked back to the house I took a picture of the Pinon Pine that stands in front of my home. Last night when I turned on the porch light this massive guy was swaying like a sapling in the "Wind" but I don't think the name wind does it justice. This morning a icy fog is blanketing the farm and the animals are enjoying the crisp air and their breakfast...

Another stormy night under our belts and blessings of "Thanks" on our lips. For me today I will work in fiber - who am I kidding it is never work to me but play. I will mend my frayed nerves and feed my soul. I will remind myself that life is quick and changes in a blink so enjoy those things we love and give thanks to weather the storm. My wish for you all is to make this a great day because who knows what can happen tonight.

4 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

So glad you made it thru the night, must have felt like forever, thankfully all the critters were ok.

larkspur funny farm said...

So Very True!! No wonder I am getting so many wrikles - worry lines... But still thankful and hopeing for a uneventful evening.

You have a great weekend

Tombstone Livestock said...

I hate thunder and lightning storms, I will hunker down in the house hoping it will stop and then feel guilty for all the critters left outside. Funny they don't seem to get as upset as I do, lol.

Have a good weekend and a Happy uneventful Thanksgiving.

Candy C. said...

Wind storms bother me more than anything, especially when they happen at night! I hate having to wait until morning to check on everyone and sometimes I just have to go down in the dark and the wind to make sure everything is okay! Glad ya'll made it through another one!