Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saturday was full of Amazing Treats

Wow, another parcel in the mailbox - this from another sweet friend Monique (MO) who seems to know when this gal is down and in need of some kindness...  In the box are a dozen Lavender Cookies dipped in rich Chocolate....  Now I had to restrain myself because it was only 3:00 in the afternoon and I wanted to wait to taste one of these after dinner.  Boy did I have to stay away from them so I took my tired body outside and kept working. 

Finally I was inside and cleaned up.  I made dinner and cleared the table and did the dishes.  I put on the hot water for a nice cup of tea and placed a single cookie on a special little plate and waited for the water to boil.  I fluffed the pillows on my bed and got the DVD player all ready.  I poured the  water and carried the cup and plate upstairs.  Tucked under the covers and the movie playing I took a nibble and it is pure heaven...  I truly am one lucky lady...

Thank You MO for thinking of me and sending me such a great gift in the mail.  You kindness means the world to me.  Hugs

2 comments:

Ngo Family Farm said...

Oh, sweet treats of jam and cookies make everything seem brighter! Cheers to your sweet friends :)

Kinda Like a Chef said...

I hope they were yummy!! You should have one last thing arriving probably today from me! And that jam from your other post, my mouth is watering! I am so bummed I made so little jam this year. I have grand plans for jam making next year, so many berries were I am now!

Loads of love,
Mo