Friday, November 30, 2012

Freaking Friday

I don't even know where to begin - I was out the door early this morning (no sleep again) to get feed, take large parcels to post office and got back before 9 am.  Was hoping to just get the compressed bales into the barns and then into the house to get some carding and spinning done..   Yeah Right !!

I came into the house and changed to work clothes, grabbed my tunes and gloves from the kitchen counter and out the door I went.  As I approached the truck I picked up the hay hook and pulled my work gloves on.  I climbed into the truck bed and hooked the first bale.  Just then a sharp pain hit my left hand.  I pulled off the glove and there was a spider stuck to my middle finger..  That (words that I will not type but trust me they could hear them to the other county) Spider!!!!!  Tiny as the little shit was within seconds my finger was turning red/purple and throbbing.  Just what I needed with all this work ahead of me.  I shoved the glove back on and two hours later the feed was moved, barn floor scrapped down and all animals fed and watered. 

Now I sit with a throbbing hand but it looks like it is not spreading.  Freaking Fantastic Friday.... Oh Well, I guess I will write labels for yarn that is sitting on the table (only requires my right hand) and hopefully by this evening it will be willing to work the wheel with me.  Have I ever mentioned HOW MUCH I HATE SPIDERS - Now I have to check my gloves that where sitting on my kitchen counter for these monsters???  By the way no comments on my very over worked and under pampered nails.  I am lucky they are not orange or have six band aids on them - that is very normal for me but this is a new one for this gal.... 

3 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

That looks painful, did you tell that spider before you crushed him that was "your" glove .... Take care, shake them out next time, I know I will now.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Ugh! Keep a watch on this...my brother-n-law and someone else I know were bit by spiders(different times) and the areas swelled up large with infection...my BIL had a SERIOUS infection!! Was put in hospital it was so big and bad...now that I have scared you(sorry)please be careful! Let us know how it goes...have a blessed weekend! Roxie

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I KNEW it!

See, and my friends call me crazy if I throw out my gloves if they get left *not folded over*.......

Ack! :P

(But I do hope you keep an eye......they can be very nasty.....)

Have a better weekend! :)