Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Have A Super Sparkly Day


I am doing the "HAPPY DANCE" over something that most would not give it a second thought to.  I might have mentioned that electrical items and I do not always work well with each other.  I was having a very over stressed morning and I just needed to center myself.  No, not with spinning or giving an animal hugs and snugs - I needed my other addicition - VACUUMING...  I know to most that is a chore, a task that puts dread into the hearts of most men but for me it is a soothing dance I do when I really need to have some control in my out of control life. 

I walked downstairs and grabbed my shop vac because my other machine died two moths ago.. I plugged it into the outlet and pushed the button.. Soon I would have my life calmed down.  Then this horrible sound screamed from the machine sounding like an injured animal... I pulled the plug out of the outlet and FREAKED.....  I stood there in shock and then tried again.  I said a tiny prayer to the universe that this just can not happen - I really needed my vacuuming - I admit how NUTS that sounds but I am being honest here.
Now comes the hard part to say - I had a melt down... Yep, a full on melt down. I have had so many electrical things die lately it is not the least bit funny.  TV's. Coffee Makers, CD Players, DVD Players, Printing Machine, Clocks, just to mention a few.

Now I am several hours into trying to calm down and I decided to look at the instruction booklet for the other vacuum. Luckily last week when I went on an organizational tear I gathered all the booklets and filed them in my over hyper filling system.  So with screwdriver in hand, reading glasses on face and booklet in hand I was going to take this bad boy apart so I could dispose of it. I really neededd to inflict pain on that which was causing me such pain.  Silly I know...  Then I got an idea as it was in pieces on the kitchen counter.  Sure enough there was this strange bend on the inside of the machine and after struggling for about 10 minutes this is what I dug out with the aid of my trusty size 8 knitting needle.  169 grams of crud. 

After putting every piece back and screwed all those tiny screws back into place (my gosh there was a ton of those) I put it on the ground and plugged it in and stepped on the petal.  I heard the best sound ever ---- I know that sounds nuts so you don't have to point it out.  I pushed that handle back and forth with pure delight.  All was right with the world !!  O.K. No It Is Not but at least I could vacuum and have a little release.  I was feeling such power, such peace so I thought why not try the shop vac.  No such luck but I still had my vacuum and that was a Holiday Miracle.....

So now that you know what a cleaning freak I am I was wondering do you have a vice to calm yourself ?:?  I admit I have given away my label maker but I still am a sucker for a vacuum cleaner...

No comments: