Monday, September 9, 2013

KISS ME

 
 
This is that time of year when most folks do not appreciate the musk smell that covers the fantastic male goats here at the farm.  Over the past 17 years I can say I am use to it and respect it.   I have a good nose but it is hard to explain that when this pungent aroma appears on the morning breeze my heart gets a bit excited and beats a bit quicker.   I guess this is the same way the goat girls respond but I also come with the knowledge that seasons are changing and life wants to continue....

Last night we had the bear again moving on the farm which kept the boys on point and ready to fight.  This does not make the tasks I have to do always easy and this is when you might get hurt.  Without any sleep I REALLY need to keep sharp.  My guys have been pushing, shoving and head butting for more then just the girls attention.  It is their way of also staying sharp when they know danger is near.  So this gal used what is left of her brain to work within this energy.

First off it meant moving the boys out of the pasture that runs next to the girls.  They were so interested in what I might be up to that they never had a clue what was being done until two gates where closed, locked and barriers placed before them.  I had to giggle because then they stood there looking at me as if to say "Crap, she tricked us again - how does she do that?"  Hate to say it but if the day comes I can not trick them I really need to hang up my tutu...

Next, it was me sitting down on a big metal mineral drum and just siting and breathing.  This activity always gives the boys a chance to calm down, get a chance to sit with me and reconnect without me racing around just getting work done.  To sit with 9 smelly, hormonal charged big guys to some might be scary but for me it is heaven.  I get to sit in silence and be present with such power, purpose and love.  They get to let their guard down because they trust me and it is beyond words.  As we gaze into each others eyes I can also have a chance to see how everyone is, if there has been any changes to the pecking (Head Butting Order) order and also to give them a chance to tell me their tales.  After about 45 minutes we are all done with that and ready to continue with the day.

I took my tools into their side of the smaller barn and scrapped down the ground and fixed several gates that had too much of their attention.  One by one they would come in and see what I am doing and giving me their thoughts of what I should do or not do.  I hate to say this but it is true - they also show me one by one their special part (yep, their penis) as if to say - "What do you think?" I always smile and bow my head to them and then they walk out head held high and do that strutting thing with tail standing straight up.  I love how they are so proud of who they are and what the universe has placed in them.  Even the lowest guy in the group shows off to me and for that moment is not concerned how the other guys view him.  If we could only teach that to humans....

I finished the boys barn, smell like them too but for this gal it is a magical perfume that  connects me with my guys and Mother Nature.


No comments: