Friday, January 12, 2007

Baby It's COLD Outside







How Low Can It Go? This morning our farm looked like it was rock candy. The weatherman said it was 1degree but with windchill the farm rang in at -20 below. Not too cold just enough to let you know you are alive - but not for long. I had a little bird waiting for me to put the bird feeder back outside on it's hook. The wind was so bad that I had to take it in last night before going to bed. I also took a picture of one of my Great Pryenees (Sophia) she is such a big girl, round 170 lbs but we just say she is big boned. I also have her brother (Chief) who is about the same weight and then their is Kasha who right now is on the thin side but is our best working/guard dog and also a mother. We have her last five pups (1 girl and 4 boys) which are going to be a year old on the 8th of February. The dogs love the snow and cold and play tag thru the snow drifts. Everyone else are snug in their barns hoping to get their feed soon. We have another day of trying to dig out from the three blizzards in three weeks - Still not a single snow blow company can come because they are still just trying to play catch up too.


I have posted some dyed silk cocoons on my etsy site today - if you have a chance take a peek and let me know what you think of them www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com. I just love these tiny little homes.















1 comment:

MJ said...

I love your blog!
Nice pictures!