Thursday, December 30, 2010

Simple Pleasures During A Storm

I LOVE MY NEW SKI PANTS!! My sweet family knows that I do not care about fashion but boy I sure do love being warm when I am in and out all night long checking on my sweet one's and becoming a wet snow women.... So my wonderful new ski pants got their first test as I walked through the driving snow to get the barn doors closed for the night. After walking to all the pastures to check on everyone I came into the shop as warm and dry as I started out as - Way To Go !! Thanks Family

Next, when I came upstairs the dinner I started was ready and boy did it smell great. Spiral Cut Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Cranberry Fluff, Hot Rolls from my DIL and finished the dinner off with Butter Cookies and hot Spiced Tea... A great way to get the energy to go back outside in about three hours to check on everyone again.

Then there is that I still have power!! I know most folks do not think about that but it is a common issue out here during storms - I am typing quickly just in case. I put away all the leftovers, did the dishes, folded the clothes and put them away... Then I made sure nothing was in the walking path through out the house so just in case we have no lights there will be no Graceful falls. Dry clothes are set out for the next animal check and a fresh pot of hot water has refilled the thermos. Most of all I am getting to watch my new Flat Screen TV that my loving family gave me for Christmas. I love it because I can move it around the house without breaking my back. You see my other TV is the size of a small vehicle having to use that special box just to see normal programs. Since I do not have cable I watch mostly movies but with this I can see my special shows like tonight I am watching BONES upstairs - I know it does not sound like much to most but it is thrilling to me...

So now that you know mine what are your pleasures during a storm???

4 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

So glad you are doing ok. They said today on the news Colorado got hit the worst with this storm. But I don't think any storm could get you down. You are so well prepared and take it all in stride. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

larkspur funny farm said...

I hope Jane your New Year will be full of great adventures - I look foreword to reading more about your world on your blog... It is so cold out that it hurts your eyes - have to get back out there very soon at 2 am was a beast!!!
Stay warm and safe.

Anonymous said...

We're in the San Luis Valley. I know I'm a few days behind on reading; but, here, we made it through the storm and are now into frigid temperatures. Consequently, I totally relate to your approach to dealing with weather and it's challenges. :)

larkspur funny farm said...

Wonderful to hear that you made it thru - the bitter cold is really hard for the first storm of the season. Oh well, not too much to do but get thru and stay as warm as you can. Great to hear from you and have a Happy New Year.