Sunday, March 25, 2012

What Cooking in my Kitchen


Have a custom order for a wonderful return customer of mine. So while I was in the kitchen getting a jump on my own food cooking for the week I also started the dye pots. This is when you real must keep your head otherwise you will put fiber in the Pizza Sauce Pot, or Burglar Wheat in the silk... Luckily I have been doing this for sometime but I do remind students not to cook while dyeing.


Top row and to the left is a half pound of Merino Roving dyed Sunkiss Orange, to the upper right is 3 ounces of my Icelandic roving dyed Tangerine. Below left is 3 ounces of my Mohair roving dyed Marigold and last to bottom right is Silk that I spaced dyed with all the colors mentioned above with also leaving some it's pure white. They are almost dry and soon I will be at the carding machine creating that special request... Makes my mouth water each time I pass the drying racks.



While this is for someone else I sure would love to know what your favorite color combinations are?? Does not have to be in fiber - I am always on the search for what catches some one's eye and lately I sure could use some suggestions.

3 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Looks good, hope you post picture of it after it is carded.

Amy Dingmann said...

Oh my gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL! Good work! As far as color combinations, I'm so boring, and terrible with color. To me, the best color combination in the world is brown...with another shade of brown. :)

larkspur funny farm said...

Tombstone - I sure will - waiting on hearing back from customer.

MamaTea - I know what you mean - sometimes the natural colors just flow so well. I have been thinking of making a batt offering of a rich cup of coffee with cream and a dash of cinnamon.