Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shamed to Say


This fantastic machine has been sitting around for the past 12 years without being touched. My husband before he passed purchased this machine for me but then the s*@t hit the fan and I tended to him before his passing and then kept overwhelmed with the business of moving and starting this farm. I had taken two classes but had twenty more to go but that expired and they where not going to make an exception. Then I lost the instruction book. Well, it sat nicely at the end of my sewing table while I used my little Singer. Not anymore, I received the booklet in the mail and Thursday I sat myself down and told myself "You are not leaving this seat till you get this machine running". No easy task, I could not even get the bobbin to work correctly. I then found a piece was broken off. After useing my brains and double sided tape I fashioned a new piece and off I went to filling the bobbin. Next with glasses on face and a can do spirit I started in on the stitches. There are hundreds of stitches so the scrap fabrics by my side I placed the metal to the petal. Now I remember why I love this machine....

All my giggling and smiles where non stop for hours as I played and played. My mind went wild as I was creating in my head great new projects with all that fabric sitting awaiting me in the basement. Late last night I started taking apart the flour sacks that I purchased recently from a Colorado FarmGal - I am thinking a couple of pillows for my bench on the kitchen deck. Maybe a couple of aprons to bring out the country cook in me. Oh, I think I might have created a MONSTER - maybe life would have been calmer without the knowledge of the machine - WHO AM I KIDDING - I LIVE TO CREATE !!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very happy for you that you got it figured out! Just think of all the wonderful things you can create!!!

larkspur funny farm said...

Oh my, I went thru my patterns and last night I even sewed just some pretty hankies for me and my nose. It is that time of year and I hate to use paper....

Hugs to you gal - hope the heat is not killing your outside time.