Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another Storm on the Way!


With the weather guessers saying that we are expecting another storm to be coming our way starting tomorrow I am so thankful for my sweet Christmas Cactus. Hard to believe this guy came to the house eight years ago and was only a couple of thin arms. Over the years it has grown by leaps and bounds. Each year starting the week before Thanksgiving it starts its blooms and by Christmas day it is loaded with the most incredible hot pink flowers. Here we are in the New Year and it is still going strong - just in time for 6 inches of snow come Monday ...

Here is to the small things we cling to when Mother Nature is not at her kindest.

What small things are you thankful for??

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i have a christmas cactus that i pretty much leave alone and every year it dutifully blooms at christmas and a few other times...one of those cases where less is more in terms of care taking ...

larkspur funny farm said...

I so agree - Everyone in the house plant world here get a drink on Friday - rain or shine... I have a crown of thornes which is 27 years old and huge - was given to me when my first son was born. It is like having my son here - he is so big that he doesn't even fit along the double windows. Would love to see your cactus if you get a chance.