Friday, May 20, 2011

Wild Friends Back at the Funny Farm

My prayers are answered - today my wild turkeys came into the pastures this morning... I worried that they might have been snacks for the coyotes and that was why they had been coming into the farm.. I have a count around two dozen or so and this brave one came out first and I managed to click a picture. The others slowly came out of the forest but I just could not get a picture of them because of the distance...

Next answered prayer was today my sweet little Mink showed up at the shop door. I have not seen it for almost a month and thought he might have lost his life to the owls or eagles. This weather also took over some of his hiding spots which left him exposed to the bitter cold and since he is such a tiny little sweet one I figured he might have gotten picked up in the wind and blown to New York... I ran to get the camera but he darted away before I could come back. It did look a bit thin but at least he is here....

My heart is a bit lighter now that I know some of the sweet wild creatures have made it through this hard time at the farm. I know for most they do not even notice those tiny, wild beings around them but I call them part of the Funny Farm Family and worry about them all the time.

No comments: