Sunday, July 3, 2011

Girls Doing Guard Duty

When I tell folks I have trained guard llama's I am not joking.... I told the llama girls this morning to watch closely the little kids who were walking out of the panels I put up. Getting on the wrong side of the panels can mean around here a coyote can run up and get you. The llama girls normally watch the goat boys who have huge horns and do not really need much but another set of eyes. I thought I would give them a change of pace and some more training with those who really need protection...


Opal does not even look up while being sniffed all over - as I have said before Opal is like a big marshmallow - nothing ruffles her..


The heat is too much for us all so the group went back to the barn and I came in the house. I would love to find a place that the highest temp does not go above 75 degrees - any suggestions???


4 comments:

CountryintheBurbs said...

I read New Zealand has good summer weather.. rarely gets above 75 degrees :)

larkspur funny farm said...

I am excited to hear - do you know much about it??? They do have some great fiber and yarn stores.

Candy C. said...

GOOD guard llamas!!

larkspur funny farm said...

They sure work hard here at my farm and love every minute... I thank them everyday for the work they do here...