Saturday, July 16, 2011

More Natural Dyes up on my Etsy Shop

Osage Orange Sawdust comes from the heart of the Osage tree and will provide you with yellows, oranges and even greens. I also recommend that you place the sawdust into a pantyhose or cloth tea bag when using it. This is a fine powder so a mask is suggested.

Natural Cochineal is an amazing natural dye that comes from an insect that lives on Prickly Pear Cactus... The color range of this dye is unbelievable and is one of my favorite natural dye to use. Since I am a pink girl it does not take much to make the sweetest of pinks but you can go really bold and dark and hit purplish maroons to almost a red black. All from a tiny insect - Who know???


As I promised there are more to come so I hope I am tempting you to try something new and natural.

No comments: