Saturday, October 8, 2011

Living in Colorado

You can go from 86 degrees one day and 6 inches of snow the next. I got all the animals settled Friday because I could tell that we are having a change. The animals where like kids on the first day back to school - they not happy but it is all part of life. They had to get along in their barns instead of having 4 to 10 acres to sleep in. The new kids who where born after snow season this year had never seen snow so that is a whole new can of worms. It took me about an hour to convince the bottle kids to come out with me and walk in the wet deep snow. They are not happy but finally followed me out and only walked for a couple of minutes. As you can see the old timers never let a thing call snow bother them - Peter is having the run of the back yard nibbling as he goes - happy camper...





Never a dull moment - I am a happy camper too because you know me - LOVE SNOW!!!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Crazy weather no? One day 90, two days later snow. Better you than me! It always looks so pretty though at least the first few feet...

Candy C. said...

What?!? Snow already?!? I'm still harvesting tomatoes and zucchini! LOL!!

larkspur funny farm said...

I love the snow and the ground needs the mositure.. Luckly I got all the animals settled before any snow hit. It was the kick in the butt I needed to finish the outside painting that I have been putting off.

Nicole Bottles said...

this makes me smile. just sos you know, for ONCE it is not raining here (the equivalent of snow on the westcoast). thinking of you all...and hoping you are warm!