Friday, June 4, 2010

Highlander Wool Top Roving - Magical



I had to share one of my Wensleydale Wool Top Rovings with you all - I keep finding so many ways to use this roving that I am simply amazed with it. I love spinning a thick/thin yarn with it and then core spinning it to make it look like beads. I also have used it in many needlefelting projects but I learned you have to use a 40 to 42 size needle otherwise all the holes show. When doing wet felt it remains drapy and soft. I have also used it in my locker hooking project and received many compliments with the finished projects.

I never get tired of working with fiber and this roving I decided was ready for Etsy customers - I bet you could come up with even more cleaver ways of creating with this magical roving.

2 comments:

monica said...

Grace, That is beyond gorgeous! I am on my way to your shop to possibly buy all of it!!grin!!

larkspur funny farm said...

I love this - I call it my no brainer spinning - the work and beauty just glides. Your welcome to it all and I do have more if you need it....