Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Animals Gone Wild

Not sure what was going on Monday but I heard I was not the only one...

I had a rude awakening by a very naughty buck (Male Deer) taking apart my front bed. With his massive rack he was bashing my antique goat cart all around, knocking the stones around of the hand stacked edging and then he broke many of the front branches on the Pinon Pine Tree. I ran out there to scare him away - wrong!! He stood there looking at me as if to say "Who in the Hell do You think You ARE?" Just then Llama Boy came to my rescue - He charged and screamed at him and that big buck took off running. Llama Boy is my hero...

Then the coyote made several attempts through out the day trying to get into the area with the hens. The farm as lost 7 good hens to that nasty beast and I am ready to take him off the planet. The billies stood their ground and had the hens rounded up to protect them - they put their heads down with their horns touching the next guys horns and down the path they went, scaring that beast away. The hens were so loving to the billies when they got back to the shade but I keep telling the girls to not wonder far but do they listen?

The animals were all on edge but I could not figure out why?? The energy in the air was anything but calm and so I kept a close eye on everyone. Maybe a storm was coming, maybe there were more predators then I could see, who knows but even I was on edge. So, now I have to put back the front bed which means I will see all the weeds that needs to be pulled. Yuck, not in the mood for that!!!

We did get a storm but nothing to get too excited about. The coyote came back four more times - he must be getting really hungry and brave. Now, that it is time to go to bed I hope all will calm down - I will be up checking several times - you know me but I sure would rather not have to run out in my tee shirt and underwear chasing a beast of the night.

Sweet dreams all.

3 comments:

Candy C. said...

Good Llama Boy for coming to your rescue! Hope today is a little calmer.

Candy C. said...

Hey Grace!
There was a 5.3 magnitude earthquake in southern Colorado just before midnight your time last night! The animals ALWAYS know when they are coming!

larkspur funny farm said...

Your so right Candy - I was called this morning and told the news - my smart animals, even the wild one's where trying to tell me...