Saturday, August 20, 2011

Exciting Times - NOT

Got up and going real early - so I could watch a PBS Special on Monsanto - it was one I had seen before but wanted to hear it again. Got everyone on the farm settled before 5 am so I could enjoy my organic breakfast as I hear about our food source in the world being controlled by a MONSTER Corporation who has only the profit margin in mind. I wished I could get more folks to see this so they would understand how much we have lost and that we better get on the stick and stop this massive MONSTER... If I could ask one thing of each person who reads this is PLEASE STOP USING ROUND UP!!! That would be the best start ever!!! Next, take a bit of time out of your week to start educating yourself about GMO Foods and start making new choices - it is not as hard as they want to make you believe it is and what changes we could make in something as simple as our food and water... If you have no idea how to start leave me a comment and I will gladly send you some sites and ideas.

Once that was done I started painting all those places on the main level of the house that the hail storm had made a mess of - then placed the first coat on the new doors and after the sun goes down a bit I will start on the windows I hope...

As I came inside to get to work on other projects I turned on the TV and what did I see "FRIGHT NIGHT" - a classic horror movie which is so cheesy but I remember seeing it when I was younger in the local little movie theater with my box of Snow Caps. I have the movie on VHS - but enjoying the limited scare factor while I get my computer work done is perfection....

So there it is - the exciting, wonderful Saturday world of Larkspur Funny Farm.

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

I'm right there with you on the Monsanto Monster! People either have no idea or they just don't care, as in "I'm just one person, what difference could I make?"

larkspur funny farm said...

That is the problem - they don't get it that when each one of us says NO change happens at once. People have forgotten that this country was founded on just a few men who had a different way to view their world. I stand with you.