Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What do you think of Winter Wheat?



I am trying to get more Natural Plant Dyed Yarn and Fibers up on my Etsy shop to get the word out that incredible things can be done with what Mother Nature give us. This yarn offering is just a taste of items to come.


The yarn is an organic Merino mill spun yarn - buttery soft and perfect next to the skin. I used a second generation Osage Chip dye bath and then quickly dunked the skein into a bath of Forest Nettles. The results is a very subtle shading of Winter Wheat blowing in the cold crisp air of October... I just love the way it turned out - just wished the pictures could capture it better - I think I could spend 24/7 trying to get the camera to do what I want and still I fall short. Trust me this is so much better in person.


Anyway, hope you will consider purchasing some Natural Plant Dyed Organic Merino Yarn "Winter Wheat" - it is 108 yards (99 meters) weight is 1 and 7/8 ounces (52 grams) and is 10 WPI or what most consider a heavy sport weight... All this goodness for a mere $ 9.75 per skein and can be found at www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com



Love to know what you think of it - Comments are always appreciated.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful and subtle! I am going to go look up my pattern and see how much I need!

Candy C. said...

Ooohhh, that is beautiful! I'm kinda into the golds and browns lately! :)

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks so much Susan and Candy - this yarn is more impressive in person.. I even amazed myself when it was done - plant dying is much more surprising then with chemical dyes. I have more yarn to dye and can not wait to see what becomes of them.