Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Born in the Barn




On November 30 at 2:30 pm came our first goat baby. What a strong, fine boy he is. Born to Eboney my lead girl - he will take his place a lead goat of 2008. What a silly guy - he was jerking around just like the private investigator on TV "Monk". Since I do not have cable this is the first year I had seen the show and this little guy acted just like him. He hated the touch of the straw, made funny little squeaks and pops, every movement was over thought. So "Monk" it is!! The first time I called his name he looked up and came straight to me. I picked him up and that was not the best idea - he streamed like I had struck him with a hot poker. Down he went and it took a couple of hours for both of us to calm down. Now he loves to be picked up and snuggled. I admit his catches everyone's attention when they see him. Monk rounds up the babies and controls their movements - he is quickly taking his place a lead goat. Don't you just want to give him a big kiss?

No comments: