Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mishka Update



Many have asked about our sweet Mishka - the house goat from last years births. Well, she is doing great but is still a mommy's girl. She was not happy with the additions to the barn and is glued to my hip, leg, butt or whatever she can get too. I can not count how many times I have tripped over her while trying to doing the feeding or just walk from point A to point B. Since she is "My Baby" in the eyes of the goat girls she is picked on when I am not there. When I do arrive in the barn Mishka is given her space because "I" head Mommy is in the barn. I guess a double edged sword. Mishka also hates all the new kids thinking she is the Aunt who should love them and in her mind they are nothing but a bunch of running nutters. She wants nothing to do with them so she spends her time with "Chief" - He is her protector, friend, nap buddy and a substitute for me when I am busy doing other things. Mishka is still small in size (bottle babies usually are) but has more love to give then anyone on the farm. I agree she is my baby still and I do not think that will ever change.

No comments: