Saturday, January 17, 2009

Look what popped up today



Friday at the Funny Farm is houseplant watering day, exciting right? I am not a robot but I do have a habit of lossing track of days. I could not believe my eyes when I came to the Mother of all my Aloe plants. This amazing steam of what I am guessing is their form of flower has popped up in the middle of this massive plant. In all the years I have had Aloe plants I have never had this happen. The mother plant was given to me by a friend who left Colorado in a hurry about four years ago. I never had luck with Aloe plants but I took the plant. Since that time this plant has made over fifty baby plants which is unheard of - now this!! I have been giving away the babies over the year and my home is littered in everyroom with her offspring. I am reminded of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers... Maybe this is going to be my pod?? I will let you know if anything strange happens but remember my Pod Body will be identical except I will have lost this wicked sense of humor and I will be able to scream some horrible sounds - I mean even more horrible then when I see a spider. If I stop complaining that I am tired, aches and pains or have not shared continually about my sweet goats - call the National Guard - this old farm gal is now the new and improved Pod Farm Gal....

No comments: