Monday, July 26, 2010

Monica Loves -?



Chamomile and Spearmint
The girl has great taste!! I watched her closely to see what she would pick since this was the first time up to the front bed and driveway. She is a shy one and watched the other girls to see what they might eat. It is hard without her Mother to show her the way. As soon as she got a nibble of the wild chamomile her tail went up and that tiny sweet mouth went to town. I could not believe her mouth could go that fast but like with all of us we sometimes can't help ourselves.

Then as she heard the hens under the Pinon Pine Tree she walked over to see what they where up too. I think she got a brief smell of the Spearmint and she popped her head up and again those tiny lips where moving a mile a minute. As she snatched each leaf with such gentleness I was amazed how she only took one leaf from each stock. This will help the plant in producing more but also will keep them healthy for the next time she visits.

This gal will not only hit her mineral intake for the day but she will have the sweetest breath in the barn.

5 comments:

monica said...

Grace, She is so pretty! I love it when you post pics of my girl! I do hope that someday I can come visit you both!!
Hugs,Monica

Cassie Shella said...

They are all so cute - I love reading stories about your goats!

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks so much Cassie Sheela - I hope each time I post that I am not boring folks with my sweet ones.

Monica I gave your name sake a big hug from you last night. We're all too hot for much hugging but I did it anyway. Did you see how fast her fleece is growing back??

angie baroch (Little Red Caboose) said...

Grace, I don't think I could ever get bored with posts of your animals. They are gorgeous.

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks so much Angie - I never know if folks love animals they way I do and so I do not want to have folks lose interest...