Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snow Storm Pizza



In order to heat the house while busy on skeining yarns today I put together a home made sweet sausage pizza with homemade very garlicy roasted tomato sauce.... Yummy!!!


I am so glad that I live alone because the smells in the house are anything but what most folks would call Yummy...


I have a big kettle of alpaca fleece simmering away getting the dust and dirt out of it - a smell I am very use to but most folks might not think it pleasant. I then have a pot of simmering wool with a plant combination to enrich the natural colors.. Again, the plants add to the already stinky wool smell. Last I have the garlic pizza baking away - Weird and not what most folks would like to walk in on but as all the windows in the house are full of steam the logs of this house are enjoying every minute of the moisture.


As tired as I am the work keeps me warm and the bones moving. This morning pulling the huge sleigh of hay across the farm in the bitter cold and driving snow was in some parts fun but my body did grip a bit - those ribs are hurting thanks to the devil goat but as the snow pounded my face it reminded me to give THANKS - I am up and moving and so is everyone I know and love.


I saved you a couple of slices but you will have to help with evening chores.

5 comments:

Ngo Family Farm said...

Oh, yummy! I love homemade pizza. Stay warm tonight, Grace. It's a cold one!
-Jaime

Sheri said...

Sounds good to me - smells and all! Stay safe wandering around in the snow and cold.

Tombstone Livestock said...

pizza looks delicious, guess I should not complain about the cold here today, I don't have to deal with snow. Hang in there and enjoy indoor activities for the winter.

BLD in MT said...

I want pizza now...

Candy C. said...

Keep warm up there!! I'm with BLD in MT, I want pizza now! LOL!!