Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bombshell Babbette





I took a 1/2 ounce of the sweet baby Babbette lockets and combed out the tiny VM (Vegetable Matter) in it and went to work on showing what this lovely girl had in her... With an amazing over the top dark pink I placed the unwashed fibers into the glass container with my special handmade fiber soap, dye, vinegar and almost boiling water. A quick stir and it was outside to do chores. When I came back in and the water looked cloudy and had cooled to more of a room temp I was ready to take the fiber out. With a plastic spoon I gently scooped out the fiber without disturbing the particles and dirt that had settled. One quick rise with same water temp and it is off to the drying rack . I just love the color and it is still so buttery soft - can't wait to see it dry... I have more of her fleece to work with but I thought I would do a test run. Yes, I am like a little kid with a new toy I have to touch it, play with it and if I was honest I would slept with it.


What do you think should be made out of it??

2 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love that color! How about a cowl?

Shayna said...

Babbette's lockets are wondrous ... and you're adorable! Happy New Year to you and yours~