Monday, July 30, 2012

Live and Let Live

Thursday night while trying to get my computer work done in the kitchen while at the same time cooking up meals for the coming week a new House Guest decided to check in.  This was not one of the baby birds or their parents this was a brand new bird.  So Scared!!  This lovely girl was not wishing to leave the house after four hours of watching me work.  Finally I had to go to be at 1:00 am and I left the kitchen door open risking something else to come walking into the house like a Skunk, Raccoon or worse the Mountain Lion.  I wished her well and went up stairs.  At 4 am I had all the sleep I could do and went down stairs to the kitchen where here she was still sitting in the same spot I left her. 

After working in the fiber room, doing morning chores as the sun rose and then back in to make breakfast she finally decided to take off.  A much calmer sweet girl.  I thought I had provided a port in her storm and now she was composed enough to carry on...  Well, good thought but in she flew at the same time as the night before and again did not wish to leave.  This time I did not leave the door open - did not wish to risk something larger coming in as well - so we have repeated this pattern now for three days in a row.  This is all so strange since I am NOT a bird person...  Oh Well, Live and Let Live....

4 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We had a bird fall down our chimney and into the stove. Thankfully, the stove was not on. It was a robin.

caprejan said...

They all know where to comexx

larkspur funny farm said...

Kristina at another house I had a racoon fell into the chimney and landed in our bedroom fireplace - talk about a surprize.... Scared me to pieces trying to chase it through the house and out a door.

larkspur funny farm said...

Caprejan - sometimes I feel like there is a Neon Sign that only wild animals can see - it O.K. I love being a port in the storm but this gal is not a kind about the pooping in the house. The other birds at least take it outside...