Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Goldie in the Kitchen



Remember when I told you about my unexpected guests last Friday - here is one of them Goldie... She is Lillie's little girl. You might see that she is Easter Chick Yellow - that was from the fluid that was on her for too long because the Mother did not clean her off. When I found her and brought her into the house she got a warm bath and shampooed her but the stain is here for awhile if not until she receives her first shearing... Goldie is strong, funny and full of excitement and most of all love. She snuggles for hours if I let her, she squeals when I leave her but settles quickly on her own. I have hopes to put her in the bottle kid pen this weekend if the weather would stay warm. She is the smallest of all the babies born and so I do not wish to risk her health just to get my bathroom back.


We walked a bit outside today but the wind came up and she chilled quickly. We came back into the house and in front of her space heater to warm up. Before I knew it she was fast asleep.


Hope you all will give Goldie a big friendly welcome - a rough start but she is a trooper.. Gosh I love my world - who else has a yellow baby goat in their bathroom??

6 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

I loooove your yellow baby goat in the bathroom. She is so cute. And what a fitting time of year for a fuzzy yellow goat.

LaDonna said...

Welcome, Goldie! You are a sweet little girl! :)

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks so much Jane and LaDonna for welcoming my sweet little Yellow PEEP! Don't you want to eat her up??? Sugar Sweet.

createmyworld said...

Welcome Goldie! She's so adorable, I just want to squeeze her!

larkspur funny farm said...

She sure would love it and thanks for welcoming her - she is a cutie

Nancy R. said...

What a cutie and what an appropriate name! I'm glad you shared her photo and more of her story. Hugs to her.