Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby Update

Another sleepless night but OH SO WORTH IT!!!

Mother and Baby had a great night. Every time I came into the barn she was up and playing. Then after a few minutes of full out joy she would run to Mom and nurse like she had not seen a meal for days. Then it was lay down for a few minutes sleeping deep and sound. Then up and the circle continued. I am renewed each time I see her and all the other sweet ones in the barn.

The other Mothers and Babies where not thrilled with all of the interruptions. I said a heartfelt "Sorry" every time I came in but I understand their sleep was not as restful as we all would have liked including my own. I keep the two hour checks through the night because the dogs spent the whole night barking... They saw or heard something that I could not but I trust their judgement. With all this coming and going the bottle kids where confused - they thought a bottle was owned them each time I walked in the door and was greatly disappointed when that was not going to happen. However, I did give them hugs and snugs each time so they loved that and so did I - except my back...

With the lack of sleep I press on because I have a roof quote at 7 am... So as I eat my breakfast, watching "Ghost busters II" on the TV, starting a dye pot and getting a cup of very hot coffee into me I reflect on a PERFECT night watch..

Put on those thinking caps because I will soon be announcing the naming contest for this new addition - keep in mind her Mother is Miss Marple so we will be thinking in those lines..

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

Glad they are doing so good!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new sweet pea!