Sunday, June 26, 2011

Standing On Her Own!!!

Every time I watch Olivia walk I am just amazed. No limp, no dragging just plain and simple walking. She even can get on her back legs and head butt anyone who is getting in her face or messing with her baby...

I am so thankful that she healed without a problem. I sat each day and questioned my decision to try and fix the leg myself - was I just not being strong enough to put her down, was I only thinking of myself and her baby and not taking into mind her quality of life - trust me I took myself to task each day as I watched her hobble around on my man made splint hoping I did everything right. That a blood infection would not set in, had there been shards of bone floating around that could cause a clot and travel to her brain. Then I thought was her milk was sound for little Opal or should I bottle feed her, would she be able to bond with Opal if she could not even feed her. Through ever day I told myself that if it did not look like it was healing or if I thought she was in too much pain that I would end it for her but each day I prayed that we could pull this off.

So today while I watch her and her sweet Opal walk the back yard nibbling as they go I know that between the two of us we made it work. I also feel she is standing strong because of all the prayers and well wishes that my readers gave to her. She still is not happy with me but her baby Opal is a sweet one who loves for me to hold her and snug her and love on her. Olivia gives me that time with Opal for all I have done and for that I also give thanks...

I am one lucky gal...

4 comments:

Storie said...

You totally rock. You were so brave and so was Opal. It makes me very happy to see it worked out for the best as sometimes these things just don't. :)

larkspur funny farm said...

Your so right Storie - over the years we have had a few who did not survive and brake.. We even had a sweet lamb have lazer surgery to repair the same type of brake but he died three days later of a brain clot in the brain...
So I feel we are very lucky.

Miranda Gabrielle said...

Yeah! Glad she is healing so well.

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks Miranda - I must say this was a nail bitter but I am thrilled to say the least...