Monday, September 24, 2012

It all starts with a look

Many a shy guy has been lead down the garden path by a older girl.  Poor Max had a terrible "Boy Moment" in the barn.  As I was doing the chores and getting ready to go on to the next task I noticed that a few of the girls on the other side of the barn was doing that "Flirting Flick" with their tails.  Before I could blink there was Max with this head through the gate and his horns caught.  It happens that quickly - Hormonal Imbalance.  You know - where a sweet little boy turns into a raging Ass...

So I went and got a couple of sheep panels, and before Max knew what was going on I put a 6 foot pen in front of the gate.  This will keep him away from the girls and the girls away from him.  Chief watched as I built the pen and I could just see the wheels turning in his head.  He said "Crap, this means this ball of fur is going to want to challenge me every two seconds"  Poor Chief, he has been in this dance for 11 years and I could tell he was not looking foreword to it.  We are all getting older here and some issues are getting on our last nerves.  Before it got out of hand I warned Chief "No Biting" and "This too will pass" speeches.  He rolled his eyes, gave a deep exhale and sat in the corner of the barn. 


I think that sweet face of Chief says it all.....

No comments: