Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back on the Farm - YouTube OverLoad

I have returned to the farm after watching my Grandson in town!! We had a wonderful time together with tons of giggles, pinches, tickles and cuddles.. I think he is understanding that this gal is nothing to fear and has found a safe place with me and my ways.

My DIL was so kind to leave me her IPad while she was at work to see if it might be something that would work for me. I think we both agree that the typing on this machine is not something that works for either of us and that it is more like a big phone - O.K. I do not have a cell phone so I am taking her word on that part. I did get a chance to catch up on all the YouTube entries for PhatFiber, Spinning, Carding and Felting - so now I know what has been posted. Brooke (My DIL) and I talked about the possibility of posting a few instructional video's in hopes of assisting the advancement of Fiber Arts. Oh My, I would have to do my hair, buy a couple a size smaller clothing (Yes, I have lost weight and things are a bit baggy) and then I would have to get these hard working farm hands to not look like I have been digging the back forty by hand but then after seeing some of the video's I guess most do not concern themselves with presentation. Is it just me or do folks not consider things like where they are sitting (one video had a cat box in plain view and what did the cat do but go in the box, do it's business and then come out shaking it's paws and licking it's rear end) Really!! Then another lady could not get the yarn to ply and she kept messing up but instead of stopping and re filming she just said - "Oh Well, I guess I am not very good at this but good luck" Really!! Then there is the dogs continually barking, kids running in between the camera and wheel shots, even better is the use of the words "things, stuff and Like" instead of the words that a person might need inorder to follow the process. I admit I am a perfectionist but I am not getting why folks do not take a bit of care in what they put out there. Like clean off your counters of all clutter and food if you are going to show dyeing... If you are showing how to make a speciality yarn could you not have the camera close enough to see any of the yarn and the process. O.K. I am ranting but really am I that off the mark here???

So after watching all these YouTube video's maybe you can share with me what has been a helpful YouTube entry in the Fiber Arts so next time I can view it I might see something worth the time...

2 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

I took quite a bit of public speaking in college. I even went to competitions. I can not believe how poorly people communicate these days, and to an audience. I am not even talking youtube, I am talking media personalities, politicians, Presidents! It is the world we live in today.

larkspur funny farm said...

I with you Jane - I was just so shocked. I was amazed that someone would want that out there but in an age where people let everything hang out including their private parts what is poor preparation, lack of technical skills or professional style - I guess I am showing my age...