Friday, September 10, 2010

Look at ME Mom!!




Again at 3am I went down to check on the chicks and what did I find but that brave and adventuresome little one again up on the water tower!! She outstretched her neck as I came closer to the container but once she realized it was MOMMY she made a loud sound and then sat down on top of the water tower... I waited and waited to see if she would get down but as soon as I put fresh food down she half hopped, half flew down to be first at the feed. As all the others came running I saw a few of them testing their wings by combining a hop and fly at the same time. Oh My! It will be soon to move into the coop. Looks like more work this weekend trying to get the coop just so for my new little guest. I must admit I am a bit worried - it is such a cold, cruel world out there and they are so tiny. Maybe I will first work on making to cover for their tub now and give them a bit more time inside with this worry wart Mommy...

2 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

Well at least you know which one will be the one who gets around the garden fence to peck all the tomatoes or figures out that if they follow right behind the dog they can make it into the house. They always show themselves early :)

larkspur funny farm said...

Your so right Jane - this one will also be the one to tell them all the way to get into trouble. I am still just so happy that everyone is growing and strong!!

How is the world treating you Jane?? I want to thank you for reading my posts and be so kind as to leave comments - I love hearing from you.