Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Praying for Rain



If only this was the view from my window today but not a drop to be had anywhere!!

I took this picture during a huge hail and rain storm back in July. Many complained about the daily down pours but I knew all too quickly this could change. Now the pastures crunch when you walk thru them and the pine needles are getting a brown huge to them because Mother Nature has not seen fit to grace us with a single drop of rain in more weeks then I can remember. It is human nature to always want what we do not have but I have learned over the years on this farm to be greatful for what we get when we get it and don't grip because it could be a hell of a lot worse. So, as we move into Fall - give thanks for the small things in life - even a single rain drop.

2 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

No rain here in PA either. At least the garden died weeks ago so I am not worried about that anymore. The good part about it being dry is no paw wiping. Soon it will be the big muddy outside and even a quick pee requires a wet rag and five minutes of getting all that mud off the dogs. So you are right, there are even good parts to the bad.

larkspur funny farm said...

What types of dogs? My three Great Pry's live outside so I could not imagine wiping them down especially because they love to dig the moment the ground is wet...