Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chick UpDate - Look at their new feathers






The little girls are just getting to big - O.K. they are still small but look at those tail feathers and wing feathers!!! WOW, my tiny girls are coming into their own. We have a lot more flying and hopping which means soon it will be into their new digs - another EMPTY nest for me but what joy when they can be a bit more independent. I believe that I am a caretaker not an owner so I want all those who share this farm to be able to thrive and enjoy each day like Mother Nature intended.
Besides I am not one of those "Cat Ladies" who feels like the have to be surrounded by loving animals in their home. How about that lady who has three alligators living in her home - now that's NUTS!! Chickens do not belong in the house so the moment I know they are big enough it is out into their huge coop and to not be bothered by this old gal walk past them every two hours to check...

2 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

It is such a joy to read your blog and see the love and compassion you have for your animals. Being involved in farming my whole life I have seen so little regard for fiber animals, all animals actually, some people have. If they shear off a tail, no big deal. The individual animals are not important, they are just there to "provide something". You share with us their personalities and antics. You get to know them, and care for them, and give them respect. I wish there were more people like you, who can show love to these wonderful creatures. The world would be a much better place.

larkspur funny farm said...

Oh Jane - thank you so much for noticing!! Someday's I feel like I am tilting at windmills. Most folks just do not get it and so my heart swells one a kind lady such as yourself notices. I call you friend even if we have never met - our souls are on the same path I feel and it is great to met a fellow traveler...

Blessings to you
Grace