Saturday, May 26, 2012

Driven To ...



Today is another over the top windy day at the farm and I must say I have had it.


This wind not only effects me but also the animals. Chief this morning bit Little Wynonna on the nose, drew blood and scared the poor thing - he is in time out and got a big time scolding. Sherlock got pissed off that I asked him to stop pooping on the kitchen deck so he decided to bash the banister and knocked out three more of the spindles. Devil Goat decided she did not want Llama's in THEIR pasture and bit Mari (little Llama Girl) and so Mother and Devil Goat got into a huge fight and I could not believe I broke it up - was more concerned that a llama would get hurt then what would happen to Devil Goat. In kind, Devil Goat plowed into me and Yep, face plant for Grace.


The wind is still howling and I had to get the mail because I had a movie waiting for me - need to remember I am much thinner and should place rocks in my pockets. Thought I would do the "Flying Nun" thing (how many remember that show?) and was a bit weird..


The howling is so loud I have the TV turned up as high as it will go to just hear the words barely. So I think I will find the headphones to watch my movie. Dinner is a Mexican Rice dish from the freezer and a bottle of beer. Not much of a beer drinker but tonight I think I will start with that and see where it goes from here... Have I ever mentioned "I HATE WIND" - I know you are sick of me saying it but just think how sick I am of being surrounded by it.....

6 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

I'm with you, hate wind, it was predicted here for yesterday, but just breezy and very cloudy, no rain.

How is your finger??????

Ngo Family Farm said...

That kind of relentless wind drives me nutty, too! Fighting it all day would make anyone more than a little frustrated.
-Jaime

Anonymous said...

We had strong wind with lots of dirt in Pueblo. I hate the wind too and miller moths. Bumper crop of them this year, they come early this year and are still here.
Jalia

larkspur funny farm said...

I thought maybe it was just me with the wind and YES, those Miller Moths are something this year...

Ladies take care and if need be a nice tall glass will help or at least put us to sleep so we can not hear the wind.

Thanks for asking about the finger - it is about three shades lighter and still not figured out what happened. One of the mysteries of the Funny Farm

Candy C. said...

I'm with you, I.HATE.THE.WIND!!
It isn't quite as bad here today but boy did it howl the past four days! I guess it made your critters a little cranky too, huh?

caprejan said...

I hate the wind too, we get the Tramuntana wind here from the North, they say here in Italy that they last 3, 6, or 9, and so far that has been true, and so cold. So I do sympathise
and hope you sleep well.x