Saturday, May 19, 2012

Simple Yet Amazing



Now for the last baking entry and this is well worth the tiny effort it takes to make these.


CHAI MERINGUES


3 large egg whites, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Preheat the oven to 250 degree F. Beat the egg whites with mixer at low speed until foamy, then continue to beat at high speed until they form stiff peaks. You should be able to turn the bowl sideways without the whites moving. Add the sugar to the egg whites a little at a time while continuing to beat at high speed. Turn off the mixer. Add the spices all at once and beat in gently by hand. You can place these in a piping bag to make fancy but we want easy so drop the mixture into small mounds on a baking sheet that have been covered with foil or parchment paper and bake for 90 minutes. Turn off the oven. Leave the meringues inside to sit overnight. Remove from the pan gently and store in an airtight container. Makes 3 dozen.


These are so very easy but OH SO GOOD!!

So at 1 am I was done and just in time for the storm to roll in. Now I am up because of the storm so I have a nice cup of tea, a Spicy Hermit Cookie and watching "Dead Like Me" Just the way to end the Friday I had and start my Saturday....

3 comments:

Candy C. said...

I hope your Saturday is better than Friday was!!

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks Candy - I enjoyed the wild roses that opened with the rain. Spoke with my new farm guests about the travels and the rules for the farm. Received a book in the mail that will give my mind and soul some new information and in that same delivery was a movie call Sacred Planet which is just AMAZING!!! So Yes, a much better day but I also know the bad days are to give greater light to the small things...

Amy Dingmann said...

Meringues are so good and the boys love to help me make them. I love the picture you took!!