Thursday, May 13, 2010

Marigold Madness



With all the snow, rain, hail and bitter cold that the farm has seen the past two days I figured this is the nearest for now I will get to flowers for a very long time. Wednesday, while the fog was so thick you could not see you hand in front of your face I decided to at least dye me somthing Spring like...

I took some wonderful Rayon Chenille Yarn that I had in the fiber room and went to work. I mixed three different shades of orange and started painting the yarn. Then I steamed them and finished them off with a good rinse. I hung them to dry in the basement. With this kind of weather I thought it would take forever but I guess the universe thought I deserved a break - heck, so do I..

This morning they are ready to show the world and place in my Etsy shop - What do you think of them?

3 comments:

monica said...

Grace, The yarn is beautiful! It totally reminds me of the marigolds at my mom's!

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks so much Monica - I remember that was the first plant I taught the boys to grow - they still each year plant some no matter where they are.... Glad you like the yarn.

monica said...

I think I am glad that they are now all happily at my house!! hehe!!

Hugs,Monica