Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do you do when the storms come?



Tuesday night was a horrible night. We had down pouring rain, huge lightening and window rattling thunder, then came hail and last but not least snow. Yeap, Mother Nature was pissed. I sat in the livingroom wondering if this was the time I should go to the basement and wait it out. But, wait - "LOST" would be on tonight. I know - a TV show?? Really?? So I grabbed a flashlight, made hot water in the Thermos and found the solar powered radio for new reports. I then went and brought my Ashford Joy into the livingroom and started spinning. This always calms my nerves and centers my thoughts.

With each turn of the wheel the thunder grew louder and the hail hit harder against the window glass. As the fibers slipped thru my fingers and gathered on the bobbin I could feel the cold increasing outside. None of that matters when I am spinning...

Before I knew it the bobbin was full and hours have slipped by - Mother Nature was doing her thing and I was doing mine. She created a mess outside and I think I created something lovely inside. What do you do when the storms come??

2 comments:

PenCraft said...

Storms are very scary for our two dogs. Especially the older one. We hunker down and I try to hold the two of them and pretend as if nothing out of the ordinary was going on outside. Sometimes it works, kind of.

larkspur funny farm said...

Oh I know what you mean - Sometimes we just have to pretend..