Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blue Mood




This is a yarn I have been spinning during the horrible winds that have been pounding Colorado for more days then I can count. The grays and blues have been like my moods - I HATE WIND!!!!

The yarn however turned out just they way I wanted. It is two different rovings the blue is 50% Alpaca, 15% Cormo Wool, 10% Tunis Wool and 20% Coopworth Wool. Then the Gray is 45% CVM Black Wool, 40% Shetland White Lambs Wool and 15% While Angora Bunny.
So you could say it has a bit of everyone in it. I love the natural drafting that the different fibers gave to the process. Letting the fiber just pull naturally as the wheel was taking it up - not much for my fingers to do but enjoy the ride. I admire the texture that the variety of fibers have given this yarn - I think you will too.

I took these same rovings and combined them into different styles and blends of yarns which I will post soon. Yes, they will be up for sale on Etsy very soon - what a great way to get out a bad mood..

5 comments:

ladybug loves lilacs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ladybug loves lilacs said...

Your yarns are beautiful! Something good coming from something irritating. :) I understand about the winds. I can listen to it for a couple of days but after that it is really quite nerve wracking. Just when I think it will drive me crazy it quits. ;)
checking out your etsy.

larkspur funny farm said...

Thank you so much Denise - I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will be back posting new goodies by Tuesday. Many thanks for your comment.

Keeper of the Past said...

Love this yarn, I love those thick and warm wool socks in the cold of winter and this is just the right yarn for them.
Sarita

monica said...

Grace, The yarn is beautiful!