Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Soy Silk in Spring Colors




Here are a few new fiber items I added to my Etsy Shop - Soy Silk !!


I dyed some incredible colors while standing in the kitchen at 2 am - with thoughts of Spring time blooms that just seem so far away I had to create them for myself since Mother Nature just does not seem to want to play nicely around here...


First offering is for Frosted Lilacs, the second is for Tibetan Coral and the last one is Lavender and Lilacs..


What do you think of them?


Soy Silk is one of my favorite fibers to spin with but you can do so much more with it then that - Nuno Felting is very sheek but you can also make some textile jewelry, add it to your textured sewing, include it in your altered art journals and the list goes on and on....

To think it is a by product of manufactured Tofu production... It is just mind blowing and I have been offering this product at the farm and when I travel to shows for six years now and still am in love with it.


Would love to know what you think of them and what you might use them for???

Enjoy!

2 comments:

real application said...

very nice and amazingly...

lutvie said...

haii...
visit to my blog too...
thx....