Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fast Food Grace's Way


I can hardly move from being outside cutting Scrub Oak for the goats - 5 hours worth.  When I came in I was feeling like a wet noodle and crispy.   I was so dirty and smelly that I just crawled onto the carpet and took a 20 minute nap. 

Woke up, cleaned this dirty smelly body and started a new recipe for a better tortilla and they are tasty.  NO GMO's, all Organic and a tasty round of goodness.  The recipe is a basic one but with better choices.

Start with 1 cup organic Rice Flour, 1 cup Organic Local Milled Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup Navajo Organic Native Corn Flour, 1 1/4 teaspoon Pink Tibetan fine ground salt, 1/4 cup Organic Olive Oil and 1 cup water.  Mix all together and when holding together take out on board and knead till a bit of a shine appears.  Divide up into 12 balls and roll out to the thickness you wish.  I then fry in a very hot pan with no oil and turn when you see bubbles appear.  Flip and cut that frying time almost in half - remove.   Enjoy..

I have played around with many combinations so be daring.  I have added veggie pulp when I juiced something.  I have even used fruit pulp to make desert tortillas.  You will just need to adjust your water and may need to add a bit more of the rice flour.  You can also add spices go hot go sweet - I have given you the basic recipe and it is yours to put a spin on them.  By the way great way to sneak veggies into something that your kids will love.

What is wonderful about these are you can place them in a air tight container and have them waiting for you all week long if they last that long.  Tonight I have homemade three bean refried beans that have been in the crock pot while  I was working outside and tomorrow morning it will be Spicy Scrambled eggs with Salsa.  See they go quickly.  I also love taking fruit and a dab of Cashew Butter for a sweet treat.

Hope you might try making your own - they really are quick and much better then those you purchase in the store and surely much better then any drive through fast food.  Remember you get to put inside all the goodies that you wish to eat and that does not hurt your health or the planets. 

No comments: